Council authorizes mayor to sign off on Horse Park agreement
on how Suncadia, Cle Elum and the Horse Park work in tandem. Front page.
Citizens on patrol?
Who might they be? What can they do? And how you can get more info on the program. Front page.
Roslyn resident Anthony Novack files to run against Rep. Bill Hinkle
Question and answer article designed introduce Independent Anthony Novak. Pg A4
Camp Wahoo Adventurers’ near miss with lightening
One horse killed and nine kids with a ‘camp 2010′ story to tell. Pg A5
Searching for grizzlies
Interagency teams seek bears in the North Cascades. Pg A10
Reuniting with an old friend (violin) on his terms
Ken Fowles shares his story of throwing the baby out with the bathwater, then rescuing the baby 15 years later. Pg B1
Black Pioneer Picnic is certifiably – not a place for grumpy people
Article and photos on pg B2.
He walked the walk. He talked the talk. He paid the price.
Ron Slater: The story of an Upper County whistleblower
- OTHER HEADLINES IN THIS WEEK”S NKC TRIBUNE:
- Jury votes to dismiss wrongful termination suit filed against Roslyn
- Four break-ins on Monday at Davis Street Center
- Injured hiker rescued on Pacific Crest
- Two boaters rescued from Yakima River
- They weren’t late for dinner – Centennial Center Steak Feed puts Aug. 1 fire anniversary to bed.
SPORTS & SCHOOL:
- Triple Shot Basketball Tourney – a slam dunk with 48 teams
- Courage Classic draws 700 bikers to Upper County cities
- Championship fastpitchers wind up summer ball
- Grid kids hit the football field