WHERE’S THE NEWS? IT’S IN OUR PRINTED NEWSPAPER ON STANDS, IN STORES AND AT THE NKC TRIBUNE NEWSPAPER AND OFFICE SUPPLY STORE IN DAVIS PLAZA (BEHIND SAFEWAY) – NEW EVERY THURSDAY!
Pair of snowmobile accidents shadow weekend: Identity of the riders, circumstances of the accident and injuries sustained reported on this week’s front page.
County ‘locavores’ outline food co-op at upcoming meeting: Want a more convenient place to purchase locally raised food? See how this group is trying to bring that together for the community.
‘Son-cadia’ born Fen 19: Conan Suncadia Devore was assisted in his arrival by local EMT and Suncadia employee Debbie Losse (and others). This heartwarming story on the front page.
Coming your way: Revised animal control ordinance public hearing: Officers and City Council working together to provide a three city equality. Page A2
South Cle Elum demands halt to recreational use of Lake Cle Elum: a look back at 1925 in honor of South Cle Elum’s 125 year anniversary.
Ellensburg’s Cowboy Gathering puts best ‘boot’ forward: Full page article and photo essay covering the event on page A8.
Was your radio disrupted? And, Northern lights would have been seen from Kittitas County: Coverage of last week’s three plasma clouds on collision course with earth. Page A10
Roslyn Crawl; Blues under blue winter skies: Marko’s, The Pastime and The Brick pull off another successful crawl, photos and coverage on page B1.
An Upper County matriarch passes: A tribute to 107 year old Olive Stoneburg, page B3
OTHER HEADLINES IN THIS WEEK’S NKC TRIBUNE:
- State’s education budget cuts impact Thorp School District
- Sledding accident near the Pass leads to death of 7 year old child.
- Column: Frankly Speaking… about cooking classes
- Washington’s beef industry unites against hunger
- Shots fired after driver twice attempts to run Trooper down.
- Mardi Gras rolls into town Saturday at Vogue Theatre
- Volunteer crews make for a ‘Big Bagna Bang’
SCHOOL & SPORTS:
- Academic Student of the Week: Nick Browitt
- Athlete of the Week: Elise Loewen
- Abbott does it again: School assignment sports article by Isac Montgomery
- Making a difference: school district volunteers
- CONGRATULATIONS Warriors! You played hard this winter season!
- Warriors receive recognition at awards night