WHERE’S THE NEWS? IT’S IN OUR PRINTED NEWSPAPER ON STANDS, IN STORES AND AT THE NKC TRIBUNE NEWSPAPER AND OFFICE SUPPLY STORE IN DAVIS PLAZA (BEHIND SAFEWAY) – NEW EVERY THURSDAY!
SPRING FORWARD: Daylight Savings Time begins MARCH 13! Don’t forget to set your clock ahead one hour
Green Fundraiser was more about students behind it: Find out what energetic young lady spearheaded the project and what it is providing the school and community at large. Front page
Water Bank proposed for Swauk Basin: How will the new bank work and where will it serve? Front page.
County to get elected CORONER: For the first time since 1927 population has reached 40,000, providing a base for new position. Further details in the Front page and page A2 article.
Thorp School District must cut close to $200,000: What’s on the cutting block? Front page
Frankly Speaking: about the success of “The List” of food bank items published just before Christmas and again in this week’s NKC Tribune. Page A4
County Rural Water District (#7) dealing with challenges in a changing water world: Interview with Water District Commissioner Carl Nelson. Page A6
Say goodbye to police dept. headquarters: Why, when and where are they going? Page A6
City staffer uncovers sizable error in Waste Management contract: How it was found, who dealt with it and how it was resolved. Page A7
OTHER HEADLINES IN THIS WEEK”S NKC TRIBUNE:
- ‘Hornswaggled’ cowboys to entertain at Chili Cook Off & Cowboy Concert
- Mardi Gras sparkles at the Vogue Theatre
- Wine, beer & Chimps mix well for fundraiser
- WSDOT gearing up for more I-90 construction
SCHOOL & SPORTS:
- Academic Student of the Week: Meghan Dellinger
- Athlete of the Week: Jill Lambert
- CERHS Fastpitch & Baseball: The year for change?
- Knowledge Bowl Team Competes