WHERE’S THE NEWS? IT’S IN OUR PRINTED NEWSPAPER ON STANDS, IN STORES AND AT THE NKC TRIBUNE NEWSPAPER AND OFFICE SUPPLY STORE IN DAVIS PLAZA (BEHIND SAFEWAY) – NEW EVERY THURSDAY!
Dawn Sparks receives national award for excellence in teaching: The highest honor for a K-12 math or science teacher. Front page.
Wilson named Washington Mason’s Teacher of the Year: From a field of teachers nominated in 32 Mason districts statewide Karissa Williams wins the tenth annual honor. Front page.
Upper County moves into building season with no large scale projects confirmed: A close look at the city’s year-to-date permit valuations from 2007-2011. Front page & A7
Street Poll: “What was your reaction after hearing about Bin Laden?”: Five locals and three government officials weigh in, page A4
Frankly Speaking: about May, National Salad Month
Freezin’ for a reason: Polar Plungers (43) and ‘chickens’ raise $8,638: Story and photo essay on Page A8
It was ATM (All Things Motorcycle) at the Iron Horse Trail Show: A list of winners out of the 50 entries on page B1
Following the paper trail… Kittitas County Genealogical Society & the Ellensburg Library sponsor the first Family History Fair. Page B2
OTHER HEADLINES IN THIS WEEK’S NKC TRIBUNE:
- WSDOT I-90 travel impacts during May 5-9
- Bear proof your home this spring
- Second time in Hatchery history: Early release of 278,000 yearlings
- Suncadia Resort receives AA Four Diamond Award for second consecutive year
- City fence-building moratorium hearing draws little interest
- Eighteen venues participated in Last Friday’s Student Art Walk in Roslyn
- Friends of the Roslyn Library donates $24,065 to city
- Cops gather in Cle Elum to learn about gang mentality
SCHOOL & SPORTS:
- Academic Student of the Week: Jessi Campbell
- Athlete of the Week: Laura Potts
- CERHS Prom Royalty photo
- Vipers (Girls softball, city league) ready to strike ‘em out!
- Greene to try out for CWU cross-country
- Leaders of the month: Peggy Hembly & Carrieanne Selzer
- Easton Archers raising funds for Nationals
- Winebrenner takes back-to-back match lows (CERHS golf)