WHERE’S THE NEWS? IT’S IN OUR PRINTED NEWSPAPER ON STANDS, IN STORES AND AT THE NKC TRIBUNE NEWSPAPER AND OFFICE SUPPLY STORE IN DAVIS PLAZA (BEHIND SAFEWAY) – NEW EVERY THURSDAY!
Sunday blaze claims home on Big Creek Road: Plenty of friends and firefighters save the house from total destruction, front page and A10.
More WATER in Kittitas County soon: From whence it cometh? Stay abreast of this primary upper county issue by reading about it in this week’s NKC Tribune, front page and A10
Roslyn Sunday Market opens Father’s Day: 7th annual! Comments from organizer Jonine Collins also on this week’s front page.
Frankly Speaking: When good wood cutting boards go bad and how to rehabilitate them. Page A4
From Washington to Delaware on horse back: What does it take to prepare for a coast to coast horse back trip? Interview with riders Tracy Delp and Dan Shanafelt on page B5
60 minutes with a Golf Course Marshall: Join Tim Riley on a roll around the fairways at Sun Country’s Golf Course, page B6.
Accident victim recovers, thanks Fire Dist. 6 rescuers: From a head-on motorcycle collision that put him 43 days in Harborview, to returning to the scene of the accident in a spirit of thanksgiving. Page B8
OTHER HEADLINES IN THIS WEEK’S NKC TRIBUNE:
- Candidates squared off for November election
- Reay resigns from council
- Cle Elum councilman Ken Ratliff calls it quits in November
- Morning Star Deli & Espresso closes
- Kittitas County Search & Rescue Celebrates 20 years of volunteer rescues
SCHOOL & SPORTS:
- Cle Elum-Roslyn High School teacher on Class of 2011: “Top of the class as freshman and top of the class as seniors”
- CERHS Class of 2011: Half awarded scholarships
- Principal Mel Blair on Swiftwater Class of 2011 – “Intense, emotional and incredible”
- Thorp graduates ready to put lessons learned to good use:
- Warrior summer ball players ready to slug it out
- Got your TUG-O-WAR team together?: Competition scheduled for July 3
- Karter Kincaid homerun shot
- Lavender Lake Kids Fishing Derby states and photos
- Easton Fishing Derby stats
- CERHS wraps up 2010-11 sports