WHERE’S THE NEWS? IT’S IN OUR PRINTED NEWSPAPER ON STANDS, IN STORES AND AT THE NKC TRIBUNE NEWSPAPER AND OFFICE SUPPLY STORE IN DAVIS PLAZA (BEHIND SAFEWAY) – NEW EVERY THURSDAY!
Newton Crowned Queen: Coverage of Saturday nights coronation with stories from friends and family with several past queens in attendance and several photos of the evenings highlights. Front page and B4
Hiking through the forest? Beware of marijuana growing sites: Public information Officer Roland Gill gives specific things to keep in mind while out exploring the great outdoors. Tips for both personal safety and how to help authorities find a suspected grow operation. Front page.
Leaf blight outbreak affects Cottonwoods: What’s wrong with the Cottonwoods and where’s the biggest one in Washington? Front page and A10
Just how much longer until we get there?: What has WA State DOT done to answer this burning question from all who start westward over I-90? Find out on page A2
“Moon Over Buffalo” charms Cle Elum audience with humorous historic return to live theatre: Photo of the presenting cast along with a synopsis of the play and what you can expect to see at the Vogue in the months to come. Page A4
Frankly Speaking: about good foods. This week, a plug for the pleasures of… reading. Page A4
Electronic eyes watching your speed: And where are these new speed monitors? Find out on page A10
On the fast train from last year’s Brewfest in South Cle Elum to a finalist on NBC’s ‘The Voice': Washingtonian Vicci Martinez’ singing reaches national audience. Page B1
Two surprises highlight 2011 Sons of Italy mushroom contest: Check out the photo of the 5lb 22oz. Boletus NOT the winner! Page B3
CHAMBER CONNECTION: Calendar of events for July 2-3-4 on page A9
- OTHER HEADLINES IN THIS WEEK’S NKC TRIBUNE:
- Roslyn’s 125th birthday on horizon: Volunteers sought to organize celebration.
- U.S. Marshalls make 174 arrests in “Operation Scattergun” sweep.
- Event volunteers sought for the 4th Annual Rails to Ales Brewfest – July 9: details on page A2
- Community garden gets first 15 beds
- Roslyn Riders celebrate 55 years ‘in the saddle’
- Osmonovich named Chamber of Commerce Volunteer of the Year
SCHOOL & SPORTS:
- Virginia Soderstrom receives National Honor
- Want to Tug-o-War this week-end? Find out how to join a team or register one on page B6
- Eighteen teams rally at Coal Bowl
- Mom & son score big at fishing derby
- For kids – Free gold lessons, competition & prizes
- Disc golf tourney – a first time event
- State Babe Ruth Tourney being held in Cle Elum – July 7-10