WHERE’S THE NEWS? IT’S IN OUR PRINTED NEWSPAPER ON STANDS, IN STORES AND AT THE NKC TRIBUNE NEWSPAPER AND OFFICE SUPPLY STORE IN DAVIS PLAZA (BEHIND SAFEWAY) – NEW EVERY THURSDAY!
Ten years after… 9-11 in Cle Elum: Over 150 turned out for the Tribute which included speeches, patriotic songs, a moment of silence and above all else, memory and respect for the lives lost and changed that day ten years ago. Coverage of the tribute and accompanying photo essay on the front page and page A5.
Sheriff addresses rash of August burglaries and break-ins: Also a first hand listen to one’s couple’s experience as well as how the authorities are dealing with the issue. Front page.
Renton contractor wins I-90 bid: Also continued updates and progress report of the construction process. Front page & A10
She’s back… NOAA Climate Center predicts La Nina coming back for 2011-2012 winter
Crews fight home fire with thermal imager: a potential disaster averted to a mere $6000 in damages. This as well as another ingenius use for the imager, on page A2
Frankly Speaking: Gardeners, Time to START Planting: Plant now? Plant what? Find out on page A4
Council needs more time to examine City Heights annexation: Coverage of last week’s City Council meeting, including Railroad street repairs, the demolition of Pinecrest Nursing home, and much on City Heights. Page A7
Kittitas County Fair & PRCA Rodeo takeover Ellensburg during Labor Day Weekend: Full page of coverage and photos on page B1
Roslyn’s 125th Birthday Coal Miners Parade: Photo coverage of the event as well as… what does the J.P. in J.P. Patches stand for? Check your answer on page B4
Easton schoolteacher runs Cascade Crest 25-hours straight: Tom Walsh tells his story of uphill, downhill, aid stations, pain and an unexpected pace companion. Page B6
OTHER HEADLINES IN THIS WEEK’S NKC TRIBUNE:
- Croatian music fills Roslyn’s night air: First annual RRC Heritage Club Ethnic Celebration
- Officers arrest 34 DUI motorists
- Krueger named Cascade Rail Foundation’s Volunteer of the Year
- Cle Elum Chimps get outdoor playground
SCHOOL & SPORTS:
- CERHS varsity basketball coach hiring in progress
- CERSD among 62 districts to receive urgent repair grants
- Bulldogs bite Warriors 50-21
- CERHS football Friday night against Chelan
- A First day of school look at Cle Elum, Thorp and Easton