28 Jun 2012, written by nkctribune
More Mint Marinades
Author: Chef Frank Schuchman
Recipe type: Marinade
In the article (June 28, 2012 NKC Tribune) I posted a wonderful refreshing yogurt dip and a unique herbed wild game marinade. Here is another great marinade for game, beef, lamb and poultry. It’s basically a Pico de Gallo raw salsa with spearmint. Fresh tomatoes, cilantro and mint go very well together.
- 1 Cup fresh Mint, coarse chop
- 1 Cup fresh Cilantro, coarse chop
- 1 Cup fresh yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 Cups Tomatoes, diced
- 1 Jalapeno, diced with seeds
- 1 Lime, the juice of
- 2 TBL vegetable Oil
- Pinch of Salt & pepper
- Mix well and go marinate something. 1-2 hours up to 8 hours.
- This is so easy to make, but it does not stay bright and fresh tasting very long (1-2 hours), so do some up fresh and serve alongside the cooked meats.
- Hint: for the marinade, add 5-6 cloves of chopped garlic.
This is also great over lamb gyros! An alternative quickie gyro sauce: 2 cups thick Greek yogurt, 1 ½ cups peeled & seeded diced cucumbers, 1tsp lemon juice, ½ cup chopped parsley and ½ cup chopped mint leaves, with just a hint of white pepper. Incredible, bursting with bright fresh flavors. Makes a great chicken salad, just add diced chilled chicken breasts, sliced tomatoes and stuff your pita! Hint: add some chopped garlic too!