Apple Crisp with Bourbon Whipped Cream
Author: Kariana Aldrich
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 8 servings
Delicious and tasty Apple Crisp with holiday cinnamon flavors served with a dollop of freshly whipped bourbon cream!
- 6 Granny smith apples (cored, peeled, chopped)
- ¼ cup Flour
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1Tbsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Flour
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 1 stick of Butter (CHILLED and cut into pieces)
- OPTIONAL: ¼ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Bourbon Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ¼ cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Bourbon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Apple Filling:
- Lightly coat a 9x13 inch glass dish with butter.
- In a large bowl combine all of the Filling ingredients except the apples.
- After the ingredients are mixed, put the apples into the bowl and coat the apples in the mixture.
- Now pour the apple mixture into the glass dish.
- Crisp Topping:
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor.
- Now take the chilled butter pieces and pulse in the food processor a few times until the butter turns into pea sized balls.
- If you are adding nuts, add them now.
- Pour the Topping over the apple filling evenly. Then bake in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Bourbon Whipped Cream:
- In a medium sized bowl beat the heavy whipping cream until it begins to get thick.
- While still whipping the cream, add the sugar and bourbon.
- Continue to whip until peaks begin to form.
- Place a dollop onto your serving of Apple Crisp!