Mint Julep (Adults Only)
Recipe Contributor: Chef Frank Schuchman
Recipe type: Beverage
- 2 Mint sprigs – about 15-20 leaves
- 4 oz simple syrup (2 cups sugar, 1 cup water, boil 5 minutes, chill)
- 4 oz good quality small-batch Bourbon
- Crushed ice
- Martini shaker
- Add the mint leaves to the simple syrup and muddle (smash up) in a martini shaker.
- Add the Bourbon and some crushed ice, shake, then shake some more.
- Shake until your hand hurts from the cold.
- Strain directly into silver Julep cups filled with ice. (when the metal cups get a little frosty on the outside, you know you have shaken it properly)
- Garnish with a sprig or blossom of fresh mint.
Recipe by Northern Kittitas County Tribune at http://nkctribune.com/mint-julep-adults-only/