Recipe Contributor: Chef Frank Schuchman
Recipe type: Side Dish
- Any combination of washed Greens: 4-6 cups loosely packed
- 1 TBL Butter, or any vegetable cooking oil (Canola)
- 1 heaping tsp Chopped fresh garlic
- Diced onions (optional)
- 1 pinch of dry red chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 TBL White Wine Vinegar (or 1 TBL fresh lemon juice is a nice substitute)
- Cook greens on high heat.
- Melt the butter, add the onions, cook until slightly clear.
- Add the garlic and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Crank the heat to medium-high, add the greens, constantly stirring, count to 12 and they are done!
Chef’s Note: do not over cook the greens. You’ll receive the most nutrition and killer flavors by not over-cooking them. Many people will cook them down for an hour or more… I think they are lifeless and tasteless… probably because I don’t like cooked mushy spinach either! Ha Ha! (I cook my spinach the exact same method as these greens.)
Recipe by Northern Kittitas County Tribune at http://nkctribune.com/greens-recipe/