Hoppin’ John! is simply the combination of cooked black eyed peas served over rice. Here is my version of the traditional New Year’s good luck recipe.
Hoppin' John Recipe
Author: Chef Frank Schuchman
Recipe type: Main Dish
Hoppin' John is a dish made of black eyed peas over rice
- Batch of rice
- Beef Stock
- Black Eyed Peas (see my recipe for these)
- Make a batch of rice, your favorite method will do just fine.
- Instead of using water, use Beef Stock.
- Then make the black eyed pea recipe.
- Spoon the beans and sauce over the rice
- Serve immediately