Davis lands CE-R School District $350K grant funds: What this money will be used for and how quick it will be utilized is found on the front page of this week’s NKC Tribune.
City Councilmen draw the line in the sand: on the other side, Suncadia. The issue? Find details in a nutshell on the front page.
Preliminary plan for Cle Elum’s Town Square and Log Gazebo submitted for review: Follow the continuing process of bring to life this World’s Largest Log Gazebo. a trailhead hub being one of its many features. Front page.
Boot stompin’ fun at the Ellensburg Rodeo! Photo essay and the owing headlines on page A5
- Lloyd Ketchum is BULLFIGHTING again!
- Miss Rodeo Washington is in our backyard!
- The Cowboy Preacher
Community invited to free Harvest Festival at Suncadia: Family-friendly activities to benefit ARRF and United Way of Central Washington. Details of this two week-end event on page B1
HARD CACHE links international intrigue to Northern Kittitas County: Author Charles Neff signs copies of his book last week at Bailey’s Bibliomania and coming up at Suncadia’s Lodge. Meet the author on page B2
Who is it?: Can you identify the young woman in this photo found during the remodel of a Ronald home?
OTHER HEADLINES IN THIS WEEKS NKC TRIBUNE:
- Draft Memorandum of Agreement seeks to kickstart Upper County groundwater study.
- County Burn Ban lifted Sept. 10
- Cle Elum City Hall to be…surplus?
- Fifty Arabians highlight Horse Park’ second event
- upper County Fire Depts. honor Patriot Day
SCHOOL & SPORTS:
- Tim Hyde completes 1st 50-mile run
- Last year’s Cross-Country league champs ready for 2010
- CEHRS welcomes new hire Josh Kramer
- Middle School welcomes Danae Yount
- CE_R Football faces Chelan on Friday
- CE-R High School Volleyball at the net
- New soccer coaches at the helm for Cle Elum
- Walter Strom Middle School 2010 Fall Sports Schedule
Solar farm groundbreaking stalled by Brose-Green appeal
The appeal statements and Teanaway Solar Reserve officials response on the front page.
Skeletal remains found buried in shallow grave on Suncadia property
Available details can be found in this article on this week’s front page.
Life Support Celebrates Tenth “Under the Tents”
Full page article and photo essay on auction highlights, 2010 Life Support Award and a lot more, on page A5
Coal Miner Days Festival Grand Parade
Another full page spread, including this years King Coal, a short history of a coal miners earning and the crowning ceremony of the program. Page A8
Barschaw farm wins national contest
Discover the tongue-in-cheek meaning of the slogan, “Grown with Star Power,” page B1
Owens’s Meats – Best Butcher?
Cast your vote on King 5. Details on page B1
A great day at the 125th county fair
Another full page spread, this one with photos and details on contests, exhibitions and other fair stuff. Page B3
OTHER HEADLINES IN THIS WEEKS’ NKC TRIBUNE:
- Easton motorist strikes deer driving on SR970
- Habitat for Humanity will erect two more homes in Kittitas County
- Will you have an animal control officer by October?
- Fall burning may begin in Cle Elum Ranger District
- Kids say 5th Annual Pig Out rocked
SCHOOL & SPORTS:
- Warriors trump Kittitas in first preseason game
FAIR & RODEO WEEKEND!
Calendar of events, pg A6
Forecasters agree: Brace for long, cold, Bastardi winter
What can we be expecting for the next six months? Find out on the front page.
Roslyn Coal Miners Festival fueled with new energy this year
Smokey Bear, King Coal, gourmet ice creams, all this and more! More details on the front page and A12.
Ellensburg Jr. Rodeo Winners Round-up roster and photo essay, pg A5
Mounted Shooters have a blast at ‘Northwest Shootout’
WA State Horse Park hosts inaugural event. Article and photo essay, pg A8
Summit Inn Pancake House closes, rumors put to bed
Sushi Bar?? Foreclosure?? Get the scoop on pg A9
Kruisin’ Kittitas Car Show & Burnouts
Winners roster and photos, pg A10
Cruise Cle Elum 2010 Car Show draws 139 cars
Over a dozen photos, pg A1
OTHER HEADLINES IN THIS WEEK’S NKC TRIBUNE:
- Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail closure, detours lifted
- Cle Elum city water tower overflows
- I-90 weekend accidents deliver one fatality
- Phase 1 renovation of old Roslyn City Hall to commence
SCHOOL & SPORTS:
- 12th Annual Cascade Crest 100-mile foot race draws 119
- 2010 Cle Elum-Roslyn Fall Sports Schedule
- Back to school: start dates on the front pg, far left.