The NW Insurance Council will participate in a free wildfire preparedness webinar
on Wednesday, July 1, from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. (PST). The webinar is sponsored by the Washington State Department of Natural Resources, NW Insurance Council, American Property Casualty Insurance Association, Insurance Information Institute and National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies. Details are provided below.
Commissioner of Public Lands Hilary Franz; Kenton Brine, president, NW Insurance Council; and, Brian Brett, fire chief, Chelan County Fire District #1; will host a “Wildfire Ready” webinar Wednesday, July 1, at 10 a.m. in the Wenatchee area. It will cover simple tasks every homeowner, landowner and renter can do to prepare for the wildfire season, which officially begins in July, and what residents can do to prevent wildfires.
Residents will also get the chance to ask questions of the speakers during the webinar. Residents can register here
to participate in the one-hour event.
• Commissioner of Public Lands Hilary Franz
• Kenton Brine, president, NW Insurance Council
• Brian Brett, fire chief, Chelan County Fire District #1
Wednesday, July 1, 2020
10 – 11 a.m.
Wenatchee and surrounding area
• Creating a defensible space around the home, outbuildings
• Safety with fire – debris piles, fireworks, campfires, outdoor burning and grilling
• Wildland-Urban Interface property readiness for wildfire season
• Tips for residents about insurance coverage, claims and recovery, before and during and to financially prepare for wildfire season
• Resident question and answer
Format: Participants use the chat feature to ask questions
NW Insurance Council is a nonprofit, insurer-supported organization providing information about home, auto and business insurance to consumers, media and public policymakers in Washington, Oregon and Idaho.