The Internal Revenue Service will provide a free online session to explain the new Tax Withholding Estimator
This two-hour webinar includes a question and answer session and covers the basics of using the online IRS Withholding Estimator. It also details who should check their withholding, including taxpayers who:
- Have a two-income family.
- Work two or more jobs at the same time or only work part of the year.
- Claim credits like the Child Tax Credit.
- Have dependents age 17 or older.
- Itemized deductions in the past.
- Have high income or a complex tax return.
- Had a large tax refund or tax bill for 2018
Those interested in attending should preregister at www.webcaster4.com/Webcast/Page/1148/31489. It is recommended attendees log in 10 minutes prior to the start time. Closed captioning will be available. Tax professionals can earn two continuing education (CE) credits.
Thursday, Sept. 19
Time: 11 a.m. Pacific time