As of November 4, 2020, the Kittitas County Chamber of Commerce will be distributing the Kittitas County Strong Nonprofit Grant, allowing nonprofits to use the awarded funds towards rent or mortgage support, utilities assistance (e.g. gas, power, water, sewer), location cleaning, safety supplies, inventory purchases, physical site reconfigurations and employee assistance (e.g. transportation, gear). This grant is made possible by the Kittitas County Board of Commissioners with the total amount available of $270,000.
- Headquarters must be located in Kittitas County
- Must be 501©(3). 501©(6), 501©4 tax-exempt non-profit
- Priority for public-facing nonprofits providing Arts, environmental, and public/community benefit organizations are also eligible to apply. Essential Services nonprofits may also apply (e.g. healthcare, shelter, hunger relief, family support and other services.)
- Must be currently operating or in operation as of March 1, 2020 and now reopening
- Childcare providers eligible IF providing other services (childcare-only nonprofits served elsewhere)
- Grant funding must be used for COVID-related impact reimbursement and/or COVID-induced operational change expenses (self-attest certification and acknowledgment required)
- Eligibility for religious organizations will be determined on a case by case basis. To be considered these programs must meet a critical need in the community and not require religious participation.
- Rent or mortgage support
- Utilities assistance (e.g. gas, power, water, sewer)
- Location cleaning
- Safety supplies
- Inventory purchases
- Physical site reconfiguration
- Employee assistance (e.g. transportation, gear)
- Owner or employee wages
- Anything not associated with reopening or adapting a business that existed prior to March 1, 2020
- Funding may NOT be used for expenses that have been or will be reimbursed by other federal funding programs (e.g. Economic Disaster Injury Loan or Payroll Protection Program)
Completed applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is November 18, 2020 at 5 p.m.
GRANT APPLICATION HERE