The Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission will hold its next regular meeting virtually on Sept. 17.
In accordance with the governor’s Safe Start guidelines and in an effort to limit in-person interactions, the commission has changed its regularly scheduled meeting on Sept. 16 and 17 in Pullman to a one-day online meeting. The meeting will be held via WebEx with a call-in option for those who cannot access the online stream.
Commission action includes:
- Approval of the sale of excess timber from forest health thinning along the Palouse to Cascades State Park Trail near Cle Elum.
- Evaluation of mission alignment and ranking of projects for grant funding through the Washington Wildlife and Recreation Program.
- Authorization to acquire the Wicklund property next to the Grayland Beach Ocean Beach Approach.
- Approval of the 2021 Supplemental Operating Budget request.
- The commission also will hear updates and reports from executive leadership, including a 2020 summer season operations report.
WHAT: Bi-monthly commission meeting
WHO: Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission
WHEN: 9 a.m. to about 4:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 17
WHERE: WebEx: WebEx attendee link
Phone: US Toll: (415) 655-0001 Seattle Toll: (206) 207-1700 Meeting Access Code: 133 404 8199
The commission has six regular meetings a year in pre-determined locations around the state. A complete agenda, including information about opportunities for public comment, is available on State Parks’ website.