- Upper Kittitas County Schools closed:
- Cle Elum Roslyn
- Athletic directors are either canceling, postponing events or waiting for later in the day to make a decision. Call your local school district to confirm.
- Easton Fire Department reported this morning a semi jackknifed near MP70. No injuries.
This morning a car rolled to its side on Pine Street in Cle Elum. More info later.
- Chuck Reed, Upper Kittitas County road foreman reports most main arteries are sanded or salted. At 10am his crews were starting on secondary arteries. He advised: Don’t travel if you don’t have to.
- URGENT – WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE:
National Weather Service Seattle WA 1015 AM PST Fri Jan 5 2018 WAZ568-569-060000- /O.CON.KSEW.WW.Y.0001.000000T0000Z-180106T0000Z/ Cascades of Snohomish and King Counties- Cascades of Pierce and Lewis Counties- Including Stevens Pass and Snoqualmie Pass 1015 AM PST Fri Jan 5 2018 ...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM PST THIS AFTERNOON... * WHAT...Freezing rain occurring. Additional ice accumulations of less than a quarter of an inch expected. Total snow and sleet accumulations of up 2 inches expected. * WHERE...Cascade passes of Snohomish, King, and Lewis Counties, including Stevens Pass, Snoqualmie Pass, and White Pass. * WHEN...Until 4 PM PST this afternoon. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...It is estimated that about a tenth of an inch of ice has accumulated so far; although, there may be local amounts of near a quarter or an inch. Expect the freezing rain to change over to regular rain in Snoqualmie Pass this afternoon. The freezing rain will likely change over to sleet or a mix of sleet and snow in Stevens and White Passes later this afternoon. If you plan to travel in the Cascade passes today, watch out for ice on the roads. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1. $$ www.weather.gov/seattle
Lower Kittitas Valley Winter Weather News:
- Ellensburg Sch. Dist.: Closed. Ellensburg School District has canceled school for the day. (Earlier notice was for 2 hour delay, but updated to full day closure)
Officials and agencies wishing to announce closures may use any contact method listed on our “Talk to the Trib” page