Burn Ban on in Cle Elum
South Cle Elum imposes Fire Ban
Campfire restrictions go into effect now
Forest Service Campfire restrictions expanded
Details regarding burning on the front page, and page A4, of this week’s NKC Tribune.
Park and Recreation District 1 to ballot $10M pool bond
Understanding what’s on the ballot will help you vote the best for your community, front page
Ecology airs proposed permanent groundwater rule in Cle Elum
What the 200 residents who attended the public hearing had to say about the rule expected to be signed in October, front page.
South Cle Elum special committee calls for reorganization of fire department
Why SCEFD chose to terminate mutual response agreement with FD7 and what their plan is to provide FD service to SCE.
‘Armed’ cowboys headed for Cle Elum
What’s been done, is being done and needs to be done at the Horse Park by Aug. 27 for the ‘Northwest Shootout” contest hosted by The Cowboy Mounted Shooting Association.
Suncadia’s Water Bank tackles new challenges on unfamiliar ground
- Misunderstanding Over Color Coded Map
- Water Banks Are Not Yet an Exact Science
- Hope for Property Owners In the Red Zone
Are cisterns an answer to Ecology’s groundwater rule in Upper County?
Kittitas Public Health researches the cistern system as used in San Juan County, story on page A10.
First annual Doggie Olympics, where winners weren’t whiners
Story and photos on page B10
OTHER HEADLINES IN THIS WEEK’S NKC TRIBUNE:
- Kelsey Amara joins NKC Tribune staff
- Easton Store gets a new owner and former name
SPORTS & SCHOOL:
- Hometown bikers slam-dunk 535-mile relay race
- Rodeo dedicates performance to Loyd Ketchum
- Free golf clinic for junior golfers ages 8-16
- 12U Cle Elum All Stars win one at state tournament
- Triple Shot tourney ready to rumble
- Dollars for Scholars (golf tourney) draws 94 competitors