Sunday wildfire tracks I-90 westbound in Cle Elum-believed to be sparked by “a chain on a vehicle”-front page/A11-photos.
Cle Elum council chooses Dawn Bass as it’s 2015 Pangrazi Award recipient-other council news-front page/A9.
Teanaway Community Forest takes a budget hit-will be unable to undertake some high priority actions-front page/B11.
About that smoke in the region-and along Cle Elum ridgeline-front page.
State now has steeper fines for those who leave unattended pets in hot cars-could come with other additional costs-front page.
Free Day at Washington State Parks-Aug. 25-front page.
- Residents react quickly to protect property.
- Accident occurs during attack on I-90 wildfire.
- Semi driver injured after rear-ending SUV.
- Kilgore appointed to Roslyn Council.
- Second meeting on Teanaway Road guardrails clarifies some issues.
- More water rights curtailed in the Teanaway area.
- Grafffiti appears on Teanaway Road.
- Epic Mega Float turns out ‘mega smaller.’
- Roslyn water main project wraps without interruption.
- Cle Elum Firefighters douse motorhome fire.
- Kittitas County Search and Rescue needs you.
- Progress steady on school district construction.
- Emergency funds support three drought-free projects.
- Wood begins term as president of WA Academy of Physicians Assistants.
- Frankly Speaking-Fungus Among Us?
- Letter-Supporting your local firefighters-Tim Milbert, Chief, Fire District 6 (Ronald).
- Letter-That’s no way to treat a diligent worker of 24 years-Carolyn Vares, Bothell, WA.
CRUISE CLE ELUM:
- Car and Motorcycle Show.
- Swansen’s 1948 Ford in Cruise Cle Elum lineup.
- My wife’s car with Mike Miller.
- Steam-powered popcorn debuts at show.
- Car buff Bernie Henshaw cruises for camaraderie.
- Hotrod louver king belongs to Roslyn with Paul Harper.
- Easton’s John Jensen in the running this year.
- Winners come from all over.
- Black Pioneer Picnic celebrates 40th anniversary of William Craven’s election.
- ‘All Nations Day’ revived for Sept. 5 event.
- Cle Elum’s Class of 1965 celebrates 50 years.
- Centennial Center steak feed tradition revived.
- Sunflowers are heliotropic experts.
- 2014 School Achievement index Scores released for local schools.
- Whistle Stop is Hall’s dream come true.
- Gobblers Knob canners are at it again.
- Kruisin’Kittitas Car Show & Burnouts.
- Volunteers perform crucial duties at Red Top Lookout.
TRIB AROUND THE WORLD:
- Tim Cooper and Diane Chambers on a Road Trip.
- Karen Choyce to Tennessee.
- Ric & Sally Conway to Hawaii.