The rock blasting closure on Interstate 90, east of Snoqualmie Pass on Thursday, Sept. 17 is canceled and will be rescheduled at a later date.
Rock blasting is part of the next phase of the I-90 Snoqualmie Pass East project to widen a six-mile stretch of highway from four to six lanes and improve reliability and safety between the Cabin Creek interchange and the West Easton interchange. This multi-year project is funded by the 2015 Connecting Washington funding package and is scheduled to be complete in 2025.
Travelers are encouraged to use the following tools to plan their trips over I-90. Notifications will be posted every Thursday to indicate the following week’s rock blasting closure schedule.
For more information regarding I-90 travel, use the following communications tools to help plan your trip:
- Visit the Snoqualmie Mountain Pass webpage for real-time travel information, traction tire requirements and to view traffic cameras
- Download WSDOT’s free smartphone app to check statewide travel information
- Receive text message alerts about closures and delays by texting the number 468311 with the words “WSDOT Snoqualmie”
- Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM
- Call 5-1-1 from your hands-free device
- Sign up for email updates
- Follow us on Twitter @SnoqualmiePass
- For freight-related restrictions, please visit the Commercial Vehicle Services Road Restrictions website