HEADLINES for the Week of August 21, 2014-Northern Kittitas County Tribune
WILDFIRE CONTAINMENT: South Cle Elum Ridge 87%, Snag Canyon wildfire 87%-front page/A1.
Local Loggers Deploy-to John Day area-front page-photo.
Twin monuments dedicated next week-erected in downtown Cle Elum-front page.
Reduction of property assessments for fire damaged property possible-claim form may be downloaded-front page.
Structure fire hospitalizes Roslyn woman-92 year old Lucy Cusworth-front page-photo.
- County’s first retail marijuana store opens Monday.
- Injured hiker rescued from Waptus Lake.
- Call out to historians familiar with local Fire Department.
- Get ready to apply for your share of $230,000 in county lodging tax dollars.
- Another 10,000 sockeye trucked to Lake Cle Elum.Reichert to tour Teanaway.
- Governors again urge Congress to end practice of ‘fire borrowing’.
- Frankly Speaking-Harvesting garlic is easier than you may think!
- Letter-Visitors enjoyed The Wall and Barn Quilts tour-Dorice Travis-Seattle.
- Unintended omission-David Porter Sr., Roslyn.
- British Isles to invade Roslyn Aug. 30 for annual heritage night.
- 8th Annual Pig Out for kids is today.
- Museum seeks donations.
- Roaring dragster awes Cruise Cle Elum crowd.
- Public comments sought on water quality in Yakima River tributaries.
- Visiting dignitaries stop at Cle Elum Eagles.
- Roslyn’s Coal Miners Festival coming Labor Day weekend.
- Mountain Voices Christmas Choir starts practice September 4.
- High Country Logging show rises again Aug. 30 & 31.
- Upper county resident Marj Charlier finishes another book.
- Volunteers needed for pancake breakfast.
Sports & School:
- Grid Kids to play first games on Saturday, Aug. 23.
- Easton School’s Jensen retires from coaching.
- Strahm rocks at world archery championship.
- Middle and Elementary schools get new carpet.
- Dollars for Scholars golf tourney garners $9,000 for students.
- Mayflower Christian School moves to Roslyn.
- Area school start dates and a poem that says it all.
- Isaac Wersland lands batting champion award at World Series.
- Cle Elum-Roslyn School District budget factoids.
- Claire Mamizuka
- Carl D. West