WILDFIRES SMOKE OUT KITTITAS COUNTY-Snag Canyon and South Cle Elum Ridge fires scorch area-front page/A8-photos.
Say goodbye to organization lobbying for trails and parks in Upper Kittitas County-voter turnout just a little over 33%-page A2-photo.
That cinnabar mine up Boulder Creek way-once used back in the day to extract mercury from ore-page B10-photo.
Cruise Cle Elum hits the streets on Saturday-Legendary drag racer Jerry Ruth in town-page B5-photos.
- State grants first retail marijuana license for Kittitas County business.
- New animal control officer could be on duty by end of August.
- New Brush Truck for Thorp.
- West First Street Resurfacing Project.
- Annexation, ban on personal fireworks top council agenda.
- South Cle Elum councilmen to discuss banning fireworks.
- Missing girl located.
- Frankly Speaking-Tansys back in my yard!
- Letter-Would you care?-Tom Wood, Cle Elum.
- Reichert supports Govenor’s appeal for Federal Wildfire assistance.
- Murray, Cantwell say Federal Disaster Declaration doesn’t go far enough.
- 10th Annual MouseAbout to benefit Cle Elum’s Ginger Grant.
- Kruisin’ Kittitas winner’s circle.
- Umqua Bank open house with Pulitzer winner Jerry Gay.
- Prize Ride raises $1,700 for youth.
- Osmonovich retires from Cle Elum’s KVH Family Medicine.
- Robert Moser appointed CWU Student Trustee.
- Klein re-elected as President.
- Family of six rescued on the Cle Elum River.
- Local Law Enforcement will be out in force on DUI patrols.
- Red Cross has an urgent need for blood donations.
- Teanaway Community Forest Citizens Advisory Committee meets today.
- Unofficial, second-count results for August 5 Primary.
- Tiny sinkhole on Pennsylvania now repaired.
Sports & School:
- Thorp & Easton schools to combine athletic programs.
- Wersland hitting well with Columbia River Desert Dogs.
- Nationally renowned speaker coming to WSMS on August 25th.
- How professional Learning Communities may help students.
- Thorp students return in the fall to improved improved campus.
- Still on the Radar-Jake Gall.
- The fly fishing is good.
- School improvements.
- Leapfrogging 1,00-miles via car and QuadYak.
- John M. Dearing II
- Lorraine Hedlund