Is driving SR970 a case of taking your life in your hands?-Some locals say yes-front page-photo.
Prescribed burning began last week on Cle Elum Ranger Dist.-planned in multiple locations-front page.
South Cle Elum extends ‘mara-toriums-extended another six months-front page.
HopeSource awarded $882,682-award from Supportative Services for Veterans and Families grant-front page.
1000,000th Tree to be planted in the Greenway-Mountains to Sound Greenway celebrates-front page.
Your Community Newspaper Wins 16 Awards in Statewide Contest-Northern Kittitas County Tribune-page D8/D9-photos, see full size versions and judges comments online at nkctribune.com/tribune/wnpa-contest-awards.
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles on the drawing board for fighting fires.
- BLM lifts fire restrictions (in eastern Washington).
- Citizenry meets to launch new park project in Cle Elum-suggestions made for WYE Park.
- Boys and ghouls to haunt the halls of the old RONALD school house Oct. 24-25, 30-31.
- Halloween events on the horizon.
- South Cle Elum adds to Town Park.
- Teanaway Community Forest may soon have a ‘little sister’ (near Port Gamble).
- Kittitas County youth place at Washington State Fair.
- Frankly Speaking-Brrr, bring on the comforting fall soups.
- Letter-What is community service?-Sarah Zabik, Cle Elum-Roslyn High School.
- Letter-Fall church dinner evokes memories of first hearing Billy Graham speak in 1951-Ronald Arthur Slater, Cle Elum.
- Judy Warnick*Val Barschaw*Nick Henderson*Sarah Keith*Scott Hammond*Deanna Panattoni*Brett Wachsmith*Steve Verhey Obie O’Brien*Pat Kelleher*Paul Rogers*Mohammad Said*Dani Bolyard*Tom Dent.
- Gary W. Starkovich*Lucy Cusworth*Ray T. Baker*Wayne R. Wysaske.
- AT WORK:
- By hammer and hand all arts do stand-The making of Roslyn Yard’s iron Fire Pit.
- Winery grape stomp milestones the harvest at Swiftwater Cellars (Suncadia).
- Minimum wage to increase in Washington.
- Lunch and Learn: ‘How to become a Customer Service Super Hero’.
- Call for Historic Document and Preservation grants (applications at Kittitas County Commissioners office).
- KC Fair: Premium checks are ready.
- Free ski information session (Ellensburg).
- New map poster explores Columbia connections (Portland).
- Caboose dedication (South Cle Elum).
- Looking for a great deal this weekend? (Support local, non-profits in our community).
- Roslyn Library Hosts “Recycled Art’ Exhibit opening on October 20.
- Suncadia has development plans for Nelson Dairy Farm.
- 5 ways to prep this fall to avoid auto breakdowns this winter.
- Top 5 strategies to protect plans this winter.
- Barn quilt photos to be displayed at First Friday Art Walk on Nov. 7.
- Come to the 1st official home to go solar in Roslyn.
- BIG FOOT seen in west Cle Elum.
- Hunting may be impacted on national forest land near recent wildfires.
- Vatheuer and Kelleher Motor Company garner Rotary’s Paul Harris Award.
- County’s first retail MARIJUANA STORE opens in Ellensburg.
- Alzheimer’s Association offers conference on November 4.
- Message in a Bottle: Cle Elum couple finds letter afloat at sea for 5 years.
- Annual Hunters Breakfast collects news from neighbors at Swauk Teanaway Grange.
- Finch vs Finch-Which artist’s painting would you choose?
- Homecoming at CWU with Season 11 American Idol winner Phillip Phillips.
- Hospice Friends receives $1000 donation from Strangers Car Club.
- Test your knowledge of state statistics on new mobile app.
- Kids learn fire safety and prevention at Cle Elum Fire Department.
- Recruiting for next generation of state’s ‘Capsule Keepers’ ends next Tuesday, Oct 21.
- Upper county neighbor first woman to conquer North Pole-Up close and personal with Helen Thayer.
- Learn Basic Orienteering.
- Shelter me, please-Upper county animals seek your support-ARRF.Pet Adoption-Lovable Lacy seeks forever home.
- LeMay-America’s Car Museum motors into the Seattle Auto Show.
- German spy ring reaches end of line in Cle Elum-Kurt Fredrick Ludwig handcuffed by FBI, as reported in the August 29th edition of the Minor Echo.
SPORTS & SCHOOL:
- Wildcats protect home turf with a win.
- Cross Country team performs community service.
- Easton, Wenatchee school districts benefit from $18M grant.
- CERHS Athlete of the Week-Kayla Graham.
- LaSalle’s 336-yard attack sets Warriors back.
- Meet Elementary musician Owen MacKenzie.
- CERHS Student of the Week-Brennen Burchak.
- Volunteer moms take the edge off.
- Cody Evans raises $490.
- Cle Elum-Roslyn High School Scoreboard-Cross Country competes at only home meet, Soccer is on a heater and Volleyball still struggling with Amy Carigen.
- Take a Trib Around the World to Cle Elum river with Walter Strom Middle School 6th Grade Classes.
- Band program receives donation.
LOCAL EVENTS IN PICTURES:
- Thorp Community Day celebrates small town life.
- Roslyn’s Mountain Ale Festival showcased fine brews Oct. 4.
- A bike ride and a blessing.
- Polish Picnic
- Suncadia’s Harvest Festival was fun for the whole family.
- ‘Don’t Hide, Get Outside with Kittitas County Fire District 7.