Bogachus named ‘”Queen Coal’-First female crowned-front page/A9-photos.
Lodging Tax grant application deadline two weeks away-quality of applications submitted is improving-front page/A5.
I-90 East closed for almost two hours when truck and trailer roll-trailer oscillating-front page.
Artist begins Salmon mural-artist Don Brown-front page-photo.
Backyard bears spotted-neighborhood in Roslyn-front page.
- 2015 Pangrazi Award winner Dawn Bass works hard to help local kids make smart decisions.
- Pacific Crest Trail reopened.
- Roslyn council appoints temporary member.
- Thorp deerslayer pleads quilty.
- U.S. Cellular announces expanded 4G service in Kittitas County.
- Strong el Nino weather forecasted worldwide.
- Ronald fire station construction progress.
- Coast Guard Cutter Healy reaches North Pole in historic expedition.
- DNR, State Parks loosen western WA campfire restrictions.
- Mural project fundraiser.
- New water main installed. Legislative audit report encourages reauthorization of ‘False Claims Act’.
- Child Passenger Safety Week is Sept. 13-19.
- Frankly speaking-Visions of Sugar Plums*Danced above their heads.
- Letter-The baseball mitt-Ronald Arthur Slater, Cle Elum.
LABOR DAY WEEKEND:
- All Nations Day, all heart and heritage. With photo essay.
- Coal Miners Parade draws good crowd despite rain. With photo essay.
- Sawdust settles at Runje Park after 4th Annual Log Show. With photo essay.
- Arabian champion in Cle Elum for a recharge.
- Washington apple harvest.
- Ducktown on the verge of ‘plum crazy’.
- Threshing Bee on sept. 19-20.
- KVH Hospital named in the ’50 Critical Access Hospitals to Know’.
- Hospice Friends art show gives upper county a chance to support non-profit.
- Nothing like a Ronald-made pickle…or peach.
- Welcome back barbeque at Easton School.
- Still on the Radar-Spencer Riley.
- Free mammography screening.
- Gourd Art Classes coming to Ellensburg.
- Ellensburg Rodeo and Kittitas county Fair entertain crowds during Labor Day Weekend.
- Elmer John Dalisky.
- Joseph Martin Eberle (Joe).
SPORTS & SCHOOL:
- 100 Mile Race.
- Warriors start season with 50-7 loss to 2A Selah.
- Cross country coach excited to see offseason work pay off this fall.
- Best mounted shooters in the region set to light up horse park September 18.
- Back To…Lunch.
- Parents, get a SUPER start to back to school.