HEADLINES for the Week of September 17, 2015-Northern Kittitas County Tribune.
New water delivery project launches in Roslyn-with Ellensburg’s Advantage Dirt breaking ground-front page-photo.
Reclaimation awards $2.3 million contract for radial gate modifications at Cle Elum Dam-will allow for 3 foot increase of reservoir’s pool raise-front page.
It’s official-The water conservation movement is on east of the Cascades-front page.
Thorp Community Days 2015 comes together-Oct 2-3-front page.
I-90 east shut down for hours after pickup wedges underneath semi tanker-significant traffic impact-front page.
- Wildlife watch.
- Home market at Suncadia spiking
- 4.0 Earthquake rattles North Bend on Saturday.
- Construction project to start in South Cle Elum.
- Cle Elum Council exploring options for new dog park.
- Water mitigation and metering program public hearing cancelled.
- Cougar sighting near Cle Elum-Roslyn School District campus.
- Public forum to discuss new I-90 wildlife crossings.
- New at the county seat: Nicole Pasi.
- Umpqua Bank Charitable Foundation announces grant.
- Second depredation tracked to Teanaway Wolf Pack.
- Small wildfire breaks out near Masterson Road.
- Man rescued on Rachel Lake Trail.
- Deadline for Chamber contest Oct.9.
- ‘Twindergarten Twins’ enter middle school.
- CWU Helps local schools with Common Core-related testing.
- Intelligence Agency Historian Reveals Secrets from Space Sept.19.
- Naches Ranger District fire closure.
- WDFW seeks input on status of snowy plovers, northern spotted owls.
- Frankly Speaking-Roslyn Farmers Market ends first season in new location.
- Hats Off-Cookies for firefighters and Tidying up for company.
- What Would You Ask Cle Elum’s Mayoral CANDIDATES?
- PLAY BALL! CERHS graduate and National Guard soldier Joshua Beal throws first pitch at Mariners game.
- ‘Adventures in Ecuador Coming to Carpenter Memorial Library.
- PSE to install generator at Putnam Centennial Center.
- Threshing Bee this weekend.
- Three days of shooting action at horse park this weekend.
- Mental health First Aid training.
- Kittitas County Fair and Ellensburg Rodeo excite crowds Labor Day Weekend.
- Aronica to speak about Kittitas band of Native Americans.
- Ellensburg Film Festival to show some winners.
- Lithuanian Cemetery takes on a different look.
- Inaugural Hospice fundraiser soars.
- Blue Mass remembers 9-11 first responders.
- HPV vaccine prevents cancer.
OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES:
- Edward Eugene Tazer.
- Bonnie E. Filleau.
SPORTS & SCHOOL:
- Football team battles Wahluke to 47-36 victory.
- Soccer season starts with two wins.
- CERHS Athlete of the Week-Dalton Hawk.
- Volleyball goes 1-and-1 in opening week.
- Warrior runners get first taste of action in Ellensburg.
- Bobcats make a statement.
- Grid Kid cheerleaders make history.
- CERHS Student of the Week-Holly Terrill.