Putnam Centennial Center gets state of the art generator-donated by PSE Foundation-front page-photo.
Hospital board to place permanent levy up to vote in February-proposition will require 60 percent majority to pass-front page.
Fishing restrictions removed on select Yakima Basin Rivers-see list-front page.
Roslyn Mayor proclaims Nov. 3 as ‘William Craven Day’-first African-American mayor in Washington State-front page.
Team assembled to address Central Washington fires-BAER-front page.
Two injured in I-90 rollover accident east of Cle Elum-Poulsbo residents-front page.
Economic Development Forum in Cle Elum Sept. 29-meetings kickoff with a brief overview of the Kittitas-Yakima District.
- First phase of Cle Elum Dam fish passage construction to begin this fall.
- BOR reports reservoir levels, NOAA says August no help countering drought.
- Cle Elum Council gets a look at near-finished tourism website created by County Chamber.
- Snowy mountain top.
- Writing contests announced. It’s time for pears.
- New traffic signals installed in Cle Elum.
- Gasoline storage tanks being replaced at Cle Elum Shortstop #7.
- Frankly Speaking-Beginning the descent into fall.
- Trib Around the World to Crazy Horse memorial, with Aaron Sweet, Annette Bingham, Bob McGinnis, Teri McGinnis, Daryl Schroeder, Bobby Jo Mihelich and Mike Sweet.
- Mental health discussed at Fire Department hosted Seminar.
- Ryder Risdon has a passion for motocross.
- Bike tour of Kittitas County rides out Oct. 3.
- Radio rock crawlers rally.
- Suncadia celebrates 10th Annual Harvest Festival.
- Wedding-Galloway-Schill marry in Port Ludlow.
- Winery grape harvest comes in record-setting early.
- Silver Ridge Ranch to benefit groups with Charity Ride October 3.
- Thorp Community Day to showcase best parts of the small town.
- Tomorrow: Douglas Munro memorial service.
- YVCC looking for dental patients.
- Local invited to celebrated recovery substance abuse in Ellensburg Saturday.
- Join Zentner at Blewett Pass Sunday.
OBITUARIES & DEATH NOTICES:
- Bonita Edna Filleau.
- Joe Eberle Celebration of Life.
- Mildred McKenzie Johnson.
SPORTS & SCHOOL:
- Two sophomores set personal bests in cross country.
- Kiwanis hosting Trail Run at horse park October 4.
- CERHS Athlete of the Week-Courtney Brown.
- Local shooters win big at state championships.
- CER Soccer grinds down Granger with a 5-1 win.
- Zillah Leopards run game topples Warriors.
- Driving school buses safely for nearly two decades.
- Warriors volleyball drops match to Zillah.
- CERHS Student of the Week-Justin McCann.
- Bobcats volleyball sweeps Moses Lake and Wilson Creek.