The Washington State Employment Security Department (ESD) is convening government, private sector, small business, non-profit and community leaders from across the state. We’ll address key workforce and economic development challenges and share data-driven plans and solutions for navigating post-pandemic economic recovery efforts.
Even if you’re busy on June 15 and 16, register for this all-virtual event to access all sessions and virtual booths until Dec. 31, 2021.
HOW THE VIRTUAL EVENT WORKS
Live event takes place June 15 and 16 – Choose which sessions to watch or virtual booths to visit – but you don’t need to sit in front of your computer all day. The main things you will be able to do ONLY during the live event are:
- Interact with presenters through Q&A.
- “Chat” with virtual booth staff.
- Network during breakfast or lunch times at virtual tables focused on specific topics.
All Symposium content will be available until Dec. 31, 2021 – A big benefit over in-person events! You don’t have to choose which sessions to attend. Attend ALL sessions you want!
Dress code – None!
ECONOMIC SYMPOSIUM CONTENT
The Economic Symposium is an opportunity to learn from as well as network and connect with experts and colleagues from across the state about a wide variety of economic recovery topics that everyone is talking about, including:
- The future of the office as workplace: remote and hybrid.
- (Re)training and upskilling workers for remote work, in-demand and emerging jobs.
- Economic recovery trends and strategies from Washington state agency leaders.
- The future of economic and workforce development: innovative approaches, programs and initiatives.
- Sustainability of the Unemployment Insurance system.
- Workforce and economic resiliency planning.
- Industry sector recovery efforts: who’s thriving and how employers are addressing pandemic-related challenges.
- ESD’s Labor Market & Economic Analysis’ website of data and resources.
Check the 2021 Economic Symposium website for ongoing program agenda updates.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER ANNOUNCEMENTS
We are excited to announce the following keynote speakers.
Tuesday June 15: 7:30am – 8:30am
- Darlene Wilczynski, Vice President and Regional Executive of the Seattle Branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisc
What is on our minds when we think about supporting our nation’s economy
Tuesday June 15: 8:30am – 10am
- Steven Ross, Director, Labor Market & Economic Analysis Division, Employment Security Department
Review of Washington’s employment & labor market data during the pandemic
- Steve Lerch, Executive Director of the Washington State Economic and Revenue Forecast Council
Washington State economic forecast
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Economic and workforce development professionals.
- Government agencies and industry associations focused on business, and on workforce and economic development.
- Government and corporate HR leaders and economists.
- State, county and local public sector leaders and elected officials.
- K-12 and higher ed leaders and career counselors.
- Chamber of commerce representatives.
- Employers: corporate to small business.
- Business media.
Two ways to participate:
Option 1: Full Symposium – Access to the live event and to all content until Dec. 31, 2021.
Individuals: $45/per person
Groups (5 or more from one organization): $35/per person
Option 2: On-demand – Access to all content after the live event from June 17 to Dec. 31, 2021.
Individuals: $30/per person
Groups (5 or more from one organization): $20/per personIf paying by credit card, a 2.9 percent processing fee will be added to the total registration cost.
Questions? Email ESDGPEconomicSymposium@esd.wa.gov