WHERE’S THE REST OF THE STORY? IT’S IN OUR PRINTED NEWSPAPER ON STANDS, IN STORES AND AT THE NKC TRIBUNE NEWSPAPER AND OFFICE SUPPLY STORE IN DAVIS PLAZA (BEHIND SAFEWAY), OR CLICK ANY HEADLINE TO ORDER A COPY ONLINE -NEW EVERY THURSDAY
Evacuation Upgrade North of Laurderdale Junction
Incident: Taylor Bridge Fire Wildfire
Released: 4 hrs. ago
Kittitas County Sheriff
Public Service Announcement
8/17/12 Taylor Bridge FirePSA 1430
Kittitas County, WA-08/17/2012 – Evacuation UPGRADE North of Lauderdale Junction.
Evacuation Level 1 North of SR 970 has been upgraded to a Level 2. Areas north of SR 970 include SwaukPrairie, Ley Road, and Hartman Road. Law Enforcement will be in the areacontacting residences.
Areas north of SR 97 to north of China Camp Lane to include Shamrock Lane and Forbes Lane, have now been upgraded to a Level 2 Evacuation.
Areas south from the following line. SR 97, from Bettas Road intersection follow the BPA Powerlineswest to the Hayward Road and SR 10 intersection have been downgraded to a Leve l2 Evacuation.
Read the full public service announcement at
1430 PM 8 17 2012.pdf.
ABLAZE-Taylor Bridge Fire consumes 22,600 acres-and still burning-front page-photos, cont. story page A6-8 (please note: a photo of Commissioner of Lands Peter Goldmark was mistakenly identified as Incident Commander Rex Reed on Page A-7. Our sincere apologies for the error and any confusion it may have caused.)
- MouseAbout Softball Tourney is all about Mouse
- Skydive at 75
- Vision-Driven:Free family movie night
- Marusa partners with Carroll to address gang intervention and If anyone can tame T.O., this man can
- Rafting trip spanwed by Facebook draws hundreds
- Warriors show well at summer camp
- Father and son built this Women’s Choice award winner-James Casassa and 1963 Ford Fairlane
- Ford man fond of family tradition-Jim DeVere and 1956 Ford F-100
- “Livin’ the Dream”-Jerry Childs and 1938 Chevy Deluxe Coup
- Rust in Peace-Marianne & Mike Peterson’s 1927 Dodge lawn art