Bear Cub rescued on West Second Street-22 pound female-front page/A8-photos.
House fire leaves beloved pet dead-account set up at local bank-front page-photo.
Rockslide closes I-90 westbound lanes Tuesday-Collision with large rock results in injuries for two South Cle Elum men-page A3-photos.
One injured in collision involving a jack-knifed truck-cause under investigation-front page.
Nature Conservancy director to speak in Roslyn, Jan.12-all invited-front page.
Welcome back Erik-Tribune’s newest reporter returns to home town roots-front page-photo.
State & Regional News:
- Applicants sought for Hospital District Board of Commissioners.
- Holiday Stop, Long Haul Trucker.
- Seattle rocks with available jobs.
- Blowback from Carlton Complex wildland fires.
- Proposed unstable slopes rule aired.
- Safeway to the help with donation.
- Bio-fuel boom.
- As planned, tax season opens soon.
- Small quake hits Entiat last week.
- Fish and Wildlife gets new director.
- Online scheduling for VIN inspections.
- Snow and rain creates sloppy wet mess.
- November election winners sworn into office.
- Heads up for summer jobs with the U.S. Forest Service.
- County accepting Lodging Tax Grant proposals for local capital projects.
- Rogalski, Elliot provide ‘101’ on Hospital District 2.
- For many, a welcome stroll down ’Why Worry Lane’-photo essay.
- Guest Editorial-Rural mail will suffer with more plant closures-by John Edgecombe Jr., President of the National Newspaper Association and Publisher of The Nebraska Signal.
- Frankly Speaking-Finding Finidini.
- Letter-Overnight mail delivery ends-Kathy Cummings, Communications Director, Washington State Labor Council.
- Subscriber notes from Pat O’Loughlen and Martin Baker.
- Square dancers inviting newcomers to a free party this weekend.
- Bright beginning for a boy named Ender-First baby born in 2015 at KVH.
- Meet ARRF’s Pet of the Week, Mossy.
- UKC Rotary’s INTERACT youth to hold fundraiser to help with global travel.
- New Year marks 56 years of marriage for Joanne and Howard Briggs.
- Kittitas County TV District analog signal going away Feb. 1.
- Holiday Lighting Contest Winners.
- Draft EIS for Kachess and Keechelus projects released.
- Jeb’s Pet Supply celebrates 20 years of serving pet owners.
- Swiftwater Cellars injects youth into winemaking.
- One year down, six months to go.
- Joseph V. Neiland.
Sports & school:
- Ellensburg roller derby season set to begin.
- Lady Warriors drop two nail biters to Cascade.
- Still on the Radar-Kostenko hits the airwaves.
- CERHS Athlete of the Week-Sami Seigard.
- Boys win in double overtime.
- YVCC Foundation scholarship available. Free college classes for ‘geo-hounds’.
- 4-H is all year long…not just at Fair!
- Fill snow days with activities and fun.
- CERHS Student of the Week-Claire Howerton.