Controlled shed burn shows firsthand how fast fire can spread-now is the time for rural residents to prepare-front page/A7 photos.
Wildfire Preparedness Day draws large attendance from local homeowners-Speakers say now is the time to prepare for potentially destructive fire season-front page/A7.
Cle Elum Ranger District Open House May 19 to introduce new WATV route-a pilot program-front page.
Cars, horses, parade, concert, memorial service on events horizon-something for everyone-front page/A7.
South Cle Elum Council approves new fee schedule-standardizing fees-front page.
Female wolf killed on I-90-open investigation ongoing-front page.
STATE & REGIONAL NEWS:
- WSDOT I-90 Advisory.
- Consumer Action-You can collect on bogus Verizon, Sprint charges.
- Hydroplane lovers museum event.
- State Parks Commission meets in Cle Elum.
- Free hunter education on June 6-7. WA taxable retail sales up 7.1%.
- Beware in Kittitas County: ‘Click It or Ticket’ in May.
- Prescribed burning. World birders tally in.
- Clmate change seminar, May 21.
- $10,000 grant contest for small businesses in Kittitas County.
- Cle Elum Pool Raise Project Final EIS released.
- Habitat House No. 16 rises at Sunlight Waters.
- Council hears complaints about April Roslyn City Park spraying.
- From the horse’s mouth: 2015 drought impacts.
- Faulty power strip takes out ranger district phones, computers.
- Lawmakers vote on HAZMAT and marijuana bills.
- Goodbye to an old fishing friend.
- Armed Forces Day Saturday, May 16.
- A fond farewell to…Run to Roslyn Car Show.
- KYVCLT hosts open house for second affordable homeownership opportunity.
- Frankly Speaking-Top 7 easy-to grow-in UKC edible plants.
- Letter-Cle Elum lady kindly gave up her appointment time for an injured stranger-Carol Riblett-Ammon, ID.
- Letter-There are still honest people-Addie Hargrove-Omak, WA-Member of the Colville Confederated Tribes of Colville Reservation.
- Letter-RCW needs to be changed-Fred Marion-Retired firefighter.
- Letter-Dear Mother’s Day thief-Sue Davick-Cle Elum.
- Letter-Cle Elum Fire Department asking for support-Jodi Larsen-Levy Campaigne Manager.
- Walton selected Eagles Club ‘Mother of the Year’.
- Fundraiser to support Nepal quake survivors set for may 16.
- Roslyn library board of trustees announces five-year open position.
- Local crew competes in event.
- This-N-That 4-H club attends swine clinic.
- Nevil selected as Apple Blossom Festival Princess.
- Easton Food Bank needs your help.
- North Country Bluegrass Band to perform.
- AG Ferguson on Hanford court order.
- The ten-foot commute.
- Three ways your technology can help you go Green.
- Stamping Out Hunger.
- Trib Around the World with tribune Publishers Jana Stoner & Terry Hamberg at Emerald City, Seattle, WA.
- The climate change controversy-Is it relevant to birds in uor backyard?
- Anita T. Lipka.
SPORTS & SCHOOL:
- CE-R Elementary School kids concert tonight.
- Warrior track heads for SCAC Sub-Districts at Naches today.
- CE-R Girls tennis falls to undefeated Naches.
- CERHS Athlete of the Week-Shayna Hyatt.
- Hailey Bator named All-District.
- Moen and Coates still on the mat.
- Warriors on base for playoffs.
- Cle Elum-Roslyn High School Baseball Stats.
- Thorp-Easton Bobcats move into Sub-Districts.
- UKC Rotary tees-off on June 19, register now..
- CERHS Student of the Week-April Engelhart.
- Softball team clinches League Championship.
- Laura Potts wrangling.
- Still on the Radar-Kodi Jones graduates.
- Thorp middle school track team new to competition.
- Senior Prom-A Night of Elegance.
- WSMS Honor Roll.