Firewising ABC News celebs at Hidden Valley-by eating everything in sight-front page/A5-photos.
School Board approves hiring a Dean of Students-Position will also serve as Director of Career and Technical Education-front page.
Controlled shed burning event today-on Ley Rd.-front page.
Dog Licensing event May 16 in Cle Elum-Animal control officer to assist local residents-front page.
Polar Bear Plunge makes a big splash-raises $2,500 for youth activities-front page-photo.
STATE & REGIONAL NEWS:
- WA air quality still at risk.
- I-90 Snoqualmie Pass East Project Travel Alert.
- Audubon tackles climate change.
- WA State Fair: Calling all artists.
- Scavenger hunt for the whole family. Free bonsai event.
- State Park free day adventures.
- Dam removal study.
- State’s digital archives reaches milestone record. Hepatitis awareness.
- County requires greenhouse building permits.
- Meet the new Okanogan-Wenatchee Forest Supervisor.
- Wildfire season officially underway.
- For second year Ellensburg tourism brings home awards.
- Arabians ride into State Park.
- Attorney General defends state’s right to create gun laws.
- State Parks Commission to meet in Cle Elum.
- Education and fun combine into one.
- Hospital District -2 welcomes new Commissioner Nicholson.
- County declares Drought Emergency.
- Whooping cough outbreak growing in Washington.
- Community Development Services separating inspections.
- Paving in the Teanaway on track.
- Weather spotter training May 14.
- State takes action against seven illegal residential moving companies.
- Why they tie flies.
- Mayor’s Proclamation.
- Hornets nest displayed.
- Accident slows First Street traffic.
- Frankly Speaking-I Love Lilacs.
- Motorcycle show stirs up dollars for food bank-and freedon for bikers.
- Teanaway comes alive with the sound of music.Safeway contributes to schools.
- Eagles hold safety workshop for kids.
- D-Day survivor is Legacy WA’s latest World War II profile.
- Trib Around the World with Lee Cooper to Vietnam.
- Spring Tea and Fashion Show.
- KVH hosts seminar for runners.
- Elementary libraian and her kids team up to choose books for collection.
- Friends of Animals benefit concert, May 21.
- Kids support ARRF’s animal shelter by painting tiles.
- Russel A. Libby.
- Jack Lile Hartman.
- Blake Howard Long.
- Doris M. Talerico Memorial Services.
SPORTS & SCHOOL:
- Moen headed to nationals.
- CWU announces honor roll.
- CERHS Athlete of the Week-Rawlings Braman.
- 10,000 hours to state.
- Mayflower Christian School to host open house.
- Warrior track team has one more meet before postseason begins.
- Thopr-Easton Bobcats excel at recent meets.
- WIAA targets drones.
- CERHS Student of the Week-Morgan Morehouse.
- Dominating the Diamond.
- Boys Golf wins League Championship for 3rd straight year.
- Boys and girls of summer return to action.
- CERHS hosting Jazz Café Friday.
- Thorp elementary school’s first track meet.