Hoppin’ John! is simply the combination of cooked black eyed peas served over rice. Here is my version of the traditional New Year’s good luck recipe.
Hoppin' John Recipe
Hoppin' John is a dish made of black eyed peas over rice
- Batch of rice
- Beef Stock
- Black Eyed Peas * see my recipe for these
- Make a batch of rice, your favorite method will do just fine.
- Instead of using water, use Beef Stock.
- Then make the *black eyed pea recipe.
- Spoon the beans and sauce over the rice
- Serve immediately