Mint Julep (Adults Only)
These days most Southerner’s consider this way too old school. Maybe not in public, they still drink tons of this stuff!
- 2 Mint sprigs – about 15-20 leaves
- 4 oz simple syrup 2 cups sugar, 1 cup water, boil 5 minutes, chill
- 4 oz good quality small-batch Bourbon
- Crushed ice
- Martini shaker
- Add the mint leaves to the simple syrup and muddle (smash up) in a martini shaker.
- Add the Bourbon and some crushed ice, shake, then shake some more.
- Shake until your hand hurts from the cold.
- Strain directly into silver Julep cups filled with ice. (when the metal cups get a little frosty on the outside, you know you have shaken it properly)
- Garnish with a sprig or blossom of fresh mint.