Mojito recipe (Adults only)
Author: Chef Frank Schuchman
Recipe type: Beverage
When adding mint to your food recipes – a perfect pairing is a Mojito (pr: mow- HEE- toe). A refreshing addition to a meal... or on a lovely afternoon. Makes 2 hefty pint glasses:
- 4 ounces good quality white Rum
- 4-5 whole sprigs fresh Mint (about 4”-6” each)
- 1 lime quartered
- Plain Soda Water
- A large glass to muddle the mint and rum
- Martini shaker
- Pour the rum into a large glass
- zest a tiny amount of ¼ of a lime into the rum, squeeze in about 1-tsp of the juice.
- Add the whole sprigs of mint and muddle (mash up) into the rum along with 3 squeezed lime wedges.
- Add ice to your martini shaker, pour in the muddled goodies and shake vigorously.
- Shake until it is so cold your hand hurts!
- Pour (not strain) everything over two iced pint glasses.
- Add just a splash of plain soda water, so you just get a hint of bubbles and serve immediately.
- If you like, rim each glass with a light coating of sugar.
- To Rim: rub a lime segment along the rim of each glass, dip onto a plate of sugar, shake off excess. Or for each pint glass, add about 2 ounces of simple syrup.