OLYMPIA – The Washington State Department of Archaeology and Historic Preservation (DAHP) is seeking nominations for the 29th Annual Awards for Outstanding Achievements in Historic Preservation. This awards program recognizes persons, organizations, and projects that have achieved distinction in the field of historic preservation.
Award recipients will be recognized at a ceremony held during National Historic Preservation Month, May 2020. The ceremony will take place on Thursday afternoon, May 12, 2020, in the State Reception Room of the Legislative Building.
Nominations can be made in one of the following categories:
- WA Heritage Barn Rehabilitation Award
- Career Achievement Award
- Historic Cemetery Preservation Achievement Education Award
- Preservation Education Award
- Historic Preservation Stewardship Award
- Historic Preservation in the Media Award
- Historic Preservation Planning Award
- Special Achievement Award
- Valerie Sivinski Award for Historic Rehabilitation projects.
- NEW in 2020: The SHPO also seeks nominations for outstanding projects that resulted in the rehabilitation or creation of affordable housing units in historic buildings.
How to nominate
Nominations for the State Historic Preservation Officers Awards must be postmarked or submitted to DAHP by Friday, March 6, 2020, at 5 pm. Nomination forms, instructions, award category descriptions, and other information about the awards may be obtained by visiting the Historic Preservation Month page on the DAHP website.